“Ms. Kosmider, ALL of your students are speaking Spanish. How did that happen?”
A few years ago, my vice principal asked this after observing my Spanish 1 class in December. It’s a lot of hard work, but it’s completely possible and easy to achieve with the right training and materials. I can help with both!
I absolutely love working with language teachers and helping them grow. Strong language teachers inspire strong language acquisition and amazing classrooms. I would love to connect with you and your teachers through professional development opportunities, workshops, conference speaking, or individual/small group coaching and mentoring. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please complete the contact form.
- Co-Founder and Secondary Education Facilitator, Down and Dirty Teaching: 2021 – present
- Comprehensible Language Use Workshop, Avenues Online: Spring 2021
- Differentiation Workshop, Avenues Online: Fall 2020
- Teaching via Text during the Pandemic Training, Hoop Peru: Spring 2020
- Scaffolding Workshop, Unión Cooperativa de Enseñanza de Trabajo Asociado de Madrid: Winter 2020
- Co-Teaching and Communication Workshop, Unión Cooperativa de Enseñanza de Trabajo Asociado de Madrid: Fall 2019
- Language Acquisition 101 for New Teachers Training Session, Unión Cooperativa de Enseñanza de Trabajo Asociado de Madrid: Fall 2019
- Ongoing Teacher Preparation Trainings and Workshops, Teach for America: 2017 – 2019
- Content Specialist, Teach for America and Johns Hopkins University: 2016-2018
Excellent materials allow teachers to thrive, and students to reach huge goals. I provide supportive, differentiated materials that use authentic materials to promote acquisition through reading, writing, speaking, and listening tasks. Materials follow Comprehensible Input and Project-Based Learning models, supporting students’ acquisition and use of language skills that will allow them to communicate and collaborate. My leading languages are English and Spanish, I have also written curriculum content that can be adapted to other languages.
- Global Passports Language Program Curriculum Writer, Avenues Online: 2020-2021
- Teaching via Text Instructional Content Designer, HOOP Peru: 2020
- Adaptable Curriculum for synchronous and asynchronous English classes, The Warehouse Madrid: 2020
- Spanish Curriculum Writer, Teach for America National Institute: 2017-2019
- Comprehensible Spanish Curriculum for levels I, II, III, IV; KIPP DC: 2015, 2017